Sunday, August 20, 2006

That's a low blow

What's surprising about this article is not that yet another newspaper sent a reporter to write a stranger-in-a-strange-land article about spending time in a rival sports team's hometown, but that it contains a reference to"Joe Versus the Volcano":

Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck warned me about Pittsburgh. He filmed a soup commercial in Pittsburgh this summer, said it reminded him of the first five minutes of "Joe Versus The Volcano."

In case you've never seen the movie, that is not a compliment.

(Thanks to Pittsblog.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Potts said...

Dear Not Carl,

I appreciate your concern. However, in the third case, I was merely pointing out the reference made by another. (Though in doing so I tacitly admitted having viewed "Joe Versus the Volcano"--though never in its entirety.)

8:21 PM

 
Blogger Sean McDaniel said...

spinal tap...low brow...please, does everything high brow have to reek of noel coward?

9:24 PM

 
Blogger Jonathan Potts said...

Yeah, I let the slight to "Spinal Tap" go, but I don't consider it low brow, either. Of course, what do I know? I liked "The Da Vinci Code". (The book; I haven't seen the movie.)

8:39 AM

 
Blogger Sean McDaniel said...

i got suckered by the da vinci code hype and finally read the book last christmas and hated it. the movie, however, was decent. actually, i wished i had watched the movie and never picked up the book.

2:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home