Friday, March 30, 2007

The road to ruin

Our friends at the Tube City Almanac doubt that the Mon-Fayette Expressway is going to do much good for the Mon Valley:

In fact, I have a strong feeling that all the Mo-Fo will do is move people further out into mostly-rural places like Union Township and Nottingham Township. Suddenly you'll be able to work in the Golden Triangle and live in Gastonville, just as I-279 made it practical to live in Wexford or Cranberry.

But as far as I can tell, I-279 hasn't helped Pittsburgh's North Side at all --- and I don't think the Mo-Fo is going to provide much benefit to the communities it passes through.

I couldn't agree more. I've previously blogged on this issue here, here , here and here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home