Saturday, January 19, 2008

He's not even in the guy's weight class

I don't blame Dan Onorato for not wanting to fight Jim Mitchell -- the man looks huge. (I mean that as a compliment, Mr. Mitchell, sir.) But give Onorato credit for some PR savvy by jumping on this story and turning it to his advantage. Still, I think Onorato will continue to be persona non grata in a lot of Allegheny County restaurants.

Which raises the question -- Where does the county executive eat these days? I'm guessing he's been ordering a lot of take-out.

In other news, I'm not a hockey lover, but I do love jumping on bandwagons, so I've been following the Penguins more closely than usual lately. Which is why I was alarmed to read this.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam m said...

Yeah. But did you notice Onorato's response? He offered to go to the event and bring Mitchell a cigar, Which they could smoke while talking things over.

Really? A cigar? Where would they smoke it? I assume he means they would smoke it inside. But why would Onorato want to kill bartenders and other waitstaff with his poisonous second-hand smoke. Unless of course he doesn't think that SHS really kills people. In which case he ought not support any kind of smoking ban.

Bollocks.

1:07 PM

 
Blogger Jonathan Potts said...

Yeah, I thought about that. I was wondering if any do-gooders will write letters to the editor, complaining about the bad example Onorato set.

Where ya been?

1:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home