Monday, July 03, 2006

I'm Batman

I finally saw "Batman Begins", and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Christian Bale was downright menacing as the Caped Crusader, and he made a pretty good Bruce Wayne as well. The movie had a good supporting cast as well. At this stage in his life, Michael Caine looked like he was born to play Alfred, and Gary Oldman had a nice turn as the future Police Commissioner Gordon. As an actor, Oldman is something of a chameleon--he disappears into his roles, and I seem to never catch a performance in which his voice and appearance have not been altered significantly. Oldman's Gordon was a working stiff, weary yet resolute at being an honest man in a place where it carried no reward.

I think what I liked most of all is that "Batman Begins" took itself seriously. After all these years, Batman has had all the camp he can take, thank you very much.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home