Sunday, October 15, 2006

Oops

This blog was mentioned in the Best of Blogs column in today's Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Unfortunately, the Trib attributed to me something that actually was written by Chris Potter in his recent "You Had To Ask" column in the City Paper. I discussed this column in a post on my blog Thursday, and I did attribute it to Chris, as you can see if you read the post.

Just so everyone knows, when I quote at length from another source, I do not use quotation marks but instead italicize the excerpted portion. My usual practice is to include the link to the original source before the excerpt.

I apologize to Chris for any confusion this may have caused.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cope said...

I'm not sure if you're the one that owes Chris an apology.

9:35 AM

 
Blogger Jonathan Potts said...

I just wanted to convey my regret to Chris that he was denied credit for a good piece of writing. But you are correct in that I had nothing to do with the Trib's selection of this blog for its column this week. Normally, I'd be flattered.

10:22 AM

 
Blogger Disgruntled Tool-Room Clerk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home